So, yesterday was my birthday. I spent it really well, after everything that was required for me to do that day. I went to school like usual, no... my mom would not let me miss just because it was my birthday. Then, I started basketball practice up on Monday so that ment yesterday I had basketball practice too. Once I completed basketball practice.... the fun began. My friend and I spent the rest of the day together. I didn't have to worry about my dogs, my mom told me she had feeding them covered. My friend and I caught the city bus (since neither of us can drive yet) and went to the movies. We went to go see Trouble with the curve. Then, once the movie was done we both went to AppleBee's and had supper. I think this is one of the best birthdays I could of had, and it was nice to spend it without having to worry about anything at all. Overall, it reminded me of being behind my dogs when running or working with them. I would love to do something like this everyday, but that is a lot of money to be spending so I think I will stick to relaxing with my dogs more often instead. But... overall I had a blast with her and it was great!!
Well, in case you all didn't know today was my b-day! Yes, it is... I turned 17 today. To think that this is how I looked only a couple of years ago and today I am a fine, young teenager! Thanks all who read this and silently wish me a happy b-day, I thank you all. Today is my lucky 17th, and I plan on celebrating well!
HAPPY 17TH B-DAY CARLLEEN!!!
1 Dog Women's Canicross
1. Rachael Colbath 8:33.64 8:35.17 17:08.81
2. Chystal Tholen 9:57.79 9:35.90 19:33.69
3. Danae Bryar 10:13.31 10:18.55 20:31.86
4. Carlleen Brehmer* 11:47.77 11:53.57 23:41.34
5. Niina Baum 11:23.67 13:11.24 24:34.91
6. Karen DuBoise* 11:57.57 DNR
I ran this race with Dingo and we had a blast. The results I learned are that Dingo is not the best 1 dog canicross dog, and that she does not do well in lead all by herself.
Now with Chipmunk... Chip ran with my Aunt Carol. She was the perfect 1 dog bikejor because this was my Aunt's very first race and was nto so sure on how she would do. I am very proud of what they accomplished together and wished they could have done it at the next race.
1 Dog Bikejoring
1. Mike Christman 4:02.91 4:00.25 8:03.16
2.Ed Clifford 4:34.31 4:40.11 9:14.42
3. Amy Cooper 4:43.53 4:35.59 9:19.12
4. Mel Omernick* 5:50.23 5:49.53 11:39.76
5. DeDe Wilcenski 5:51.35 6:01.02 11:52.37
6. Tim Carey 6:47.70 6:27.92 13:15.62
7. Laurel Carey* 7:47.04 7:40.02 15:27.06
8. Joey Carey 9:39.88 6:30.57 16:10.45
9. Rich Kisseloff 12:04.82 5:25.47 17:30.29
10. Carol Brehmer* 12:32.30 10:40.24 23:12.54
* Denotes class B. This class is more of a sportmans class and you are not racing for money. It is just for fun.
Now, I can say that I didn't run in the 2 dog bike class. Dingo and Chipmunk injuryed themselves right before the race so they healed and took it easy for the week. At the race they had easy runs and took it easy. Unfortanitly, for the next race Chipmunk will not be running. We have to take her to the vets and need to get her back hips checked out. Every time she gets on and off the black chair she wines like it hurts, and I hope it is nothing major at all.
Only 1 day til the next race! Round Barn Rally Dryland here I come with 3 dogs and 2 classes
Two young adults attempt to navigate the world. They are guided by each other and their passion for dogs.